In winter 2005, I decided that I would place air brakes in all three of my riding cars. I had used a brake package manufactured by a supplier but had problems with captive nuts falling off. Therefore I decided to make them myself. The final product works well and I have not had any problems. The best part is that they are inexpensive and my train will now stop on a dime. I have provide below a complete set of drawings for the brakes. All that is needed to build a set of brakes is basic metal working tools and a lathe for machining the pistons. Please send me an email if you are interested in building a set and have questions.
List of Materials
2006BrakesDrawing.pdf (13k) - Version 1
2008BrakesDrawing.pdf (14k) - Version 2
2012BrakesDrawing.pdf (13k) - Version 3
© Wassell, 2012